Thursday 2 August 2018

Buddha-ful Design!

The source of inspiration for our Hamptons Interior Design and NYC Apartment Interior Design projects usually comes from a playful pattern, a paint color, or a fun piece of furniture.
For our most recent project – one very close to my heart – the inspiration came from a beautiful art piece, gifted to me (and created by!) my daughter, and glass artist, Marlene Rose.
The piece, a Buddha sculpture made of hand-poured cast glass, inspired the redesign of my home’s family room!

Marilyn Rose - Hamptons Interior Designer

To carry the beautiful hues of chartreuse and cobalt blue around the room, I selected a variety of fabrics to re-upholster, and bring new life to my existing pieces – a sofa, bench, and two swivel chairs.

I chose to mix various textures and prints to create visual interest, and selected an overall neutral palette to elicit feelings of calm and serenity – much like the Buddha!  The piece also inspired the selection of a fresh new area rug and paint color, as well as wallpaper in the adjacent breakfast room and kitchen.

I chose a fun chevron pattern to reupholster my breakfast room chairs, and unify the two spaces.  While there are still some final decisions to be made, here are a few sneak peeks of what I’ve selected so far!

Marilyn H. Rose - Hamptons Interior Designer

In order for the art piece to serve as the focal point of the room, I chose to display it front and center on the re-designed mantle of my fireplace.  I decided to extend the mantle to support the size and weight of the sculpture, and added built-in spot lights to illuminate its beautifully colored glass! As the walls in my family room are quite high, I am also searching for a fun, decorative mirror to hang above.

Mirrors are a great way to accessorize a space, as their reflective quality adds light and expands a room.  Finishing touches for the room will include new window treatments, decorative pillows, and accessories! 

Stay tuned for future updates!  I can’t wait to share the progress with you!

A special Thank You to my daughter, Marlene, for creating such a stunning piece! 

To see more of Marlene’s work, visit her website at: http://marlenerose.com/

– and be sure to return to our blog to see more of the design process, and of course – the final reveal!

Author Bio:
Marilyn Rose -Trusted and professional Hamptons and Long Island Interior Design firms NYC. She is experienced interior designer and specialized in single room, grand estate, pied-a-terres, sleek contemporary apartments and traditionally classic estates.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Wallpaper

Wallpaper actually began in ancient China, first because the Chinese invented paper, and secondly because they glued rice paper onto thei...